Re: [Aspell-user] Define word characters

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Define word characters
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:37:02 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Güttler" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:29 AM
Subject: [Aspell-user] Define word characters

Hi,

How can I define the characters which are interpreted
as "word characters"?

In my case, I need to add "~" the this list,
so that aspell suggests "Example" if it
reads "Ex~mple" .

 Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Güttler, http://www.tbz-pariv.de/
Bernsdorfer Str. 210-212, 09126 Chemnitz, Tel.: 0371/5347-917

------ Reply -----

Hi Thomas,
This brings me back to the days I played with OCR. A character
that the software could not recognized was translated to a "~".
I don't have time check it out myself, but you might try changing
the .cset file for your character set. This is the line from the
cp1251.cset file that I think applies
7E 007E - Y 7E 7E 7E 00 00 00 # TILDE
The third field I believe specifies the character type.

Best of luck on your project,
Gary