Re: [Aspell-user] Inserting accented characters in replace mode

From: Clytie Siddall
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Inserting accented characters in replace mode
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:40:26 +0930

On 04/09/2006, at 3:04 PM, Eric Guindon wrote:

I'm using aspell to spell-check a french document, written with utf-8
encoding. While all accented characters get displayed properly in the
text and in the suggestions, if I try to replace a word, I can't write
accents: typing an accute `e' will simply produce a space in
the replace field. I tried reading the manual and googling around for
word of a similar problem but haven't found anything. Would anybody
know what's going on?

Eric, what system are you using? And are you using a Unicode keyboard layout? What font is used for input?

I've had the same problem recently with Qt4 apps (it's a Qt4 bug), but input issues like this often come down to system settings and encodings.