[Aspell-user] How to treat infrequently used correctly-spelled words as

From: Kelly Jones
Subject: [Aspell-user] How to treat infrequently used correctly-spelled words as wrong?
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:19:50 -0700

Can ispell/aspell flag correctly-spelled (but infrequently used) words
as being incorrect on a per-user basis?

Example: I sometimes misspell "cron job" as "corn job" and ispell
obviously doesn't catch this.

I'm highly unlikely to use the word "corn" in a document (maybe
"corny" or even "popcorn", but not "corn" itself).

Can I create an ~/.ispell_english_bad file or something to tell
ispell: "if I use the word 'corn', it's probably a misspelling"?

I realize I could just make a copy of ispell's dictionary, remove the
word corn and then point ispell to my copy of the dictionary, but that
1) seems excessive just to remove a few words, and 2) may end up
removing "popcorn" and "corny" if ispell uses word/root derivations to
build up its list of words (of course, I could add popcorn/corny to
~/.ispell_english, but that's getting really complex).