[Aspell-user] Call to undefined function pspell_new()

From: Nora Masters
Subject: [Aspell-user] Call to undefined function pspell_new()
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:50:27 +0200

Hi,

I wrote a small program that uses pspell:

$pspell_link = pspell_new("en");
if (pspell_check($pspell_link, "testt")) {
    echo "This is a valid spelling";
} else {
    echo "Sorry, wrong spelling";
}

Whenever I launch it in my browser, this error appears: "Call to undefined function pspell_new()"

Installation details:
I'm working on a Windows XP system. I went to http://aspell.net/win32. , downloaded the Full installer,  and then the english dictionary package ( aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe).  After installing the packages, I copied aspell-15.dll to C:/Windows/system32.

Does anyone have an idea why this is not working ?  I could really use some help.

Thanks a lot.
Barbara.