Re: [Aspell-user] Call to undefined function pspell_new()

From: setterg
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Call to undefined function pspell_new()
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:20:42 +0000

From: "Nora Masters" <address@hidden>

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a small program that uses pspell:
>
> $pspell_link = pspell_new("en");
> if (pspell_check($pspell_link, "testt")) {
>     echo "This is a valid spelling";
> } else {
>     echo "Sorry, wrong spelling";
> }
>
> Whenever I launch it in my browser, this error appears: "Call to undefined
> function pspell_new()"
>
> Installation details:
> I'm working on a Windows XP system. I went to http://aspell.net/win32. ,
> downloaded the Full
> installer<http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/w32/Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe>,
> and then the english dictionary package
> (aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe<http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/w32/Aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe
> >).
> After installing the packages, I copied aspell-15.dll to
> C:/Windows/system32.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this is not working ?  I could really use some
> help.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Barbara.

Hi Barbara,

I'm away from my desk, so I can't research this. I can say that the version
that you are using is fairly old. I made a simple open source program and used
aspell for spelling. You can download it and extract the aspell part if you
wish. The url is:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary/