Re: [Aspell-user] Using .cwl files

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Using .cwl files
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:13:22 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 06:36:36AM -0800, John Cage wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just started using Aspell and so far, I like it pretty well but can
> see a potential need to remove a few of the swear words to make it
> more suitable for the work place app I had in mind.  Not being
> familiar with C++ and the .cwl files used in the dictionary, does
> anyone know of any "how-to" sites or have pointers related to
> 'tweaking' the raw dictionary code that holds the (presumably)
> ascii type dictionary and then recompiling for use in Aspell?

.cwl files are just compressed wordlists

$ preunzip foo.cwl

will give the uncompressed wordlist, foo.wl. Edit at your will and then

$ prezip foo.wl

will give you back the compressed wordlist. Any official aspell dict should
have a makefile to create the hash file and install it. Look there for how
that is done.

--
Agustin