[Aspell-user] Unexpected result in pipe mode, line starts with plus sign

From: sun fish
Subject: [Aspell-user] Unexpected result in pipe mode, line starts with plus sign
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:51:22 -0500

Hi,

I'm using aspell 0.61 with the latest arabic dictionary. I can get it
to run in pipe mode, for example:

.../tools/aspell-0.61-20071105: echo "فأحضرالزوجة" | ./aspell -a -d ar
--dict-dir=./dicts/aspell6-ar-1.2-0
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.61-20071105)
& فأحضرالزوجة 4 0: فأحضر الزوجة, فأحضر-الزوجة, فأحضرا لزوجة, فأحضرا-لزوجة

However, for some words it returns a result that does not seem valid,
according to the latest version of the manual
(http://aspell.net/0.61/man-html/Through-A-Pipe.html#Through-A-Pipe):

.../tools/aspell-0.61-20071105: echo "برسائلنا" | ./aspell -a -d ar
--dict-dir=./dicts/aspell6-ar-1.2-0
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.61-20071105)
+ رسائل

Note that this result begins with a plus sign + instead of & * or #. I
believe this means that "rsA'l" is the root word of "brsAilnA" (since
b+ and +nA are affixes), but this does not seem to be part of the
usual aspell/ispell pipe api. Can someone point me to some
documentation or clarify this functionality?

Second question....  I can't get example-c to work with the arabic
dictionary. Does anyone have example usage of example-c with a
different character set and language (not english, non-latin)? I don't
really understand why I need to specify a size and jargon before I can
specify a character set (what do I set jargon to?). In any case, my
examples are all utf8, which does not seem to be a valid character set
for aspell.

./examples/example-c ar
Error: The file
"[...]/tools/aspell-0.61-20071105/lib/aspell-0.61/l-ar.cset" can not
be opened for reading.

./examples/example-c ar huge blah utf8
Aborted

Thanks,