[Aspell-user] Aspell Create Dictionary Does not work

From: Kumar, Sudheer [USA]
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell Create Dictionary Does not work
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:06:34 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to run aspell create dictionary command on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 with PHP4 installed on it.
Syntax for command -

aspell create master --lang=en /home/work/spellcheckdictionary/rws/tmp/rocce.rws < /home/work/spellcheckdictionary/rocce.txt

I am accessing and running this command from a Java application using 'java.lang.Process' api class.

It works fine on Windows, but when running the same on Linux from Java application it fails (it just hangs without any error/exception), But if I go the Linux box itself and run with the same and userid as Java application is accessing it works fine.

I see the file rocce.rws file got generated with 0 bytes on it and with only read permissions, and if I run the program again I get 'could not write to file' error.

We are creating an web interface for Administrator to update custom dictionary using a browser.

Please let me know how can I resolve this issue, its holding all my project work where we are using aspell for spell-checking. Will appreciate for your help.

Thanks,
Sudheer.
email me at - address@hidden