[Aspell-user] Using aspell programmatically

From: John P. Hartmann
Subject: [Aspell-user] Using aspell programmatically
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:55:13 +0200

On 4 May 2010 13:51, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

You can easily create one manually.  The personal dict. is just a wordlist with a header line.  You probably want to use:
 personal_ws-1.1 en 0
as the header.

Is there a sample of such a file anywhere?

You need to provide a dictionary name.  Also the language needs to be specified as "en".  en_GB is technical not a language but a dictionary name, but it works when specified as a language in most cases (excluding this one of course).

 j /home/john/aspell: aspell --lang=en create master ~/aspell/.aspell.en_GB.per <john.add
Error: The language "en" is not known. This is probably because: the file "/usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60/en.dat" can not be opened for reading.

I'm clearly not doing it right.

On the programmatic front, I can add words to the dictionary by aspell_speller_add_to_personal.  How do I remove a word from the dictionary?

Thanks,

  j.