[Aspell-user] How to use typo analysis? [GishPuppy]

From: aspell . ahr0
Subject: [Aspell-user] How to use typo analysis? [GishPuppy]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:45:13 +0000 (UTC)

A friend of mine KNOWS touch typing, but often strays from the "home row"
without bothering to check his typing.  This results in emails with things like
"gwkki" instead of "hello."

Sometimes, the intended words aren't too difficult to figure out, but it's no
unusual for him to send emails with lengthy subject lines in which everything
is out of whack.

Is it the purpose of aspell's "typo analysis" to be able to suggest the correct
words for situations such as mentioned above?  If so, how does one use this
feature?

I have tried something along the lines of:

echo "gwkki" | aspell -a --sug-typo-analysis

but the suggestions that aspell gave were clearly the same as normal spell
checking without the typo option.

How SHOULD I be using this so that an analysis of "gwkki" will produce a
suggestion of "hello", if that is even at all possible?

Thank you.

Gishpuppy | To reply to this email, click here:
http://www.gishpuppy.com/cgi-bin/address@hidden