Re: [Aspell-user] aspell - Unknown mode: "nroff"

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell - Unknown mode: "nroff"
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:07:06 +0200

Hi,

On 09/11/2014 12:15 PM, Agustin Martin wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:59:26PM +0200, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
Hi,

I am not fully following everything mentioned, but here one helpful tidbit
of information. :)

The Aspell config option "filter-path" controls where Aspell looks for
filters.  This defaults to the same location Aspell looks for dictionaries,
which defaults to "/usr/lib/aspell".  For help in changing this value see
http://aspell.net/man-html/Customizing-Aspell.html.
Aspell can also be compiled with a different default for "filter-path", but
will likely involve having to patch common/config.cpp.

Hi, Kevin, thanks for the info

The problem is that part of the filter related stuff (in particular
tex-filter.info) gets installed under "pkgdatadir" instead of under
"pkglibdir", and aspell seems to look for all filter related stuff under
"filter-path" (pkglibdir). There is no problem if both match, but error
happens if they don't. My proposed change just tries to have all filter
related stuff installed under "pkglibdir" (and thus found by "filter-path").

That is one way, but Aspell can likely also be configured to find things where they are now.