[AUCTeX-devel] Bug reporting proposal

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Bug reporting proposal
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:41:25 +0200

As there now is a single mailing list for reporting both AUCTeX and
preview-latex bugs, I'd like to have an easy way to distinguish bug
reports; ideally in the subject of the mails.

preview-latex let-binds `reporter-prompt-for-summary-p'.  This has the
effect that the version string passed ot `reporter-submit-bug-report'
will be included in the subject.  In AUCTeX the version string looks
like "AUCTeX CVS-5.493 (2005-03-28)" which is IMO too long to be
inserted in the subject.  I would prefer a string consisting of the
version number and a specifier if the bug report refers to AUCTeX or
preview-latex, e.g. "CVS-5.493 (AUC)" or "CVS-1.246 (PRV)"
respectively.

The problem now is that the string will be used for the "Package:"
info as well and we would lose the information about the date.  In
order to remedy this, `AUCTeX-date' could be included in the variables
to be printed.

The following patch does this:

If there are no objections I will check it in shortly (and a similar
change in preview-latex).

--
Ralf