Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Version numbers...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Version numbers...
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 21:25:16 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-05-09) writes:
>
>> Oh, I am not worried about the tarball.  I am worried about the
>> layout of 11.55-extra on the ftp server (which shows
>> release-relevant info including, uh, some files or other), and
>> about /usr/share/doc/auctex-11.80 and similar on Linux
>> distributions.
>
> Hm, what about a "preview" subdirectory holding these files, just
> like in CVS?  At least until the time, when the documentation of
> AUCTeX and preview-latex will get merged.

Maybe it would make sense to do this right away?  It would probably be
doable to keep the complete info manuals more or less separate, but
make README, INSTALL, INSTALL.windows a combined version from the
files in doc/ and preview/doc/.  Just concatenating them should
probably do tolerably well, since most of the redundancy is already
gone.