Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:46:38 +0100

* David Kastrup (2005-11-30) writes:

> And we should have simple ways to override the confusion where it is
> hard to avoid.  If people absolutely insist on being able to stick all
> sorts of unmatched stuff into comments,

Hm, is it possible that something like

% \begin{align}
% ...
%    \begin{macrocode}
... $foo$ ...
%    \end{macrocode}
% ...
% \end{align}

happens?

If you remember, the texmathp.el change before the last one dealt with
comments and math environments, see
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/address@hidden>.
I thought the change would be good in respect to docTeX mode as well.

> However, I think we might be better off if the simple things work.

It seems we'd have to take context into account to decide if a math
switch/toggle is really switching something or just used inside of
something like a definition.  And there are infinite ways the context
could look like if one takes stuff like \let\foo\def (bear with my
limited TeX knowledge) into account.  So this does not seem to be an
option.

Okay, unless somebody has a better idea I'll revert the last change of
texmathp.el.  The change regarding environments looks less
problematic, so I'm inclined to keep it.  But for consistency reasons
it should probably be removed as well.

--
Ralf