Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:38:45 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 31 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>> [1] Before upgrading to the final 11.83 version, you need to "rpm -e"
>>>     the pre-11.83 RPM.  "rpm -U" wont work (unless we bump the
>>>     "Release" version in the spec file from 0 to 1 for the final RPM).
>> If anybody has a clue about RPM macros and such: we'd want 11.83-1
>> for a version with a non-empty $Name: $ tag after keyword
>> expansion,
> I don't understand your intend.  Did you really mean "Name:" and not
> "Release:" or something?

(info "(cvs) Keyword List")

         Tag name used to check out this file.  The keyword is expanded
         only if one checks out with an explicit tag name.  For example,
         when running the command `cvs co -r first', the keyword expands to
         `Name: first'.

Should be something like $Name: release_11_83$ when one checks out a
copy with cvs co -r release_11_83

>> and likely something like 0-20060529 otherwise.
> Using a scheme like "0-20060529" (with "-") doesn't work (an
> underscore is okay):

Well, I have no clue about the details: I just thought I had seen a
scheme like that for snapshot RPMs before.

> | error: line 16: Illegal char '-' in release: Release:   0-20060531.suse
> The patch below seems[1] to allow the inclusion of the date from the
> command line (or from the Makefile).

This wouldn't work for

    rpmbuild -ta auctex-11.83.tgz

right?  I was trying to come up with a scheme that would "do the right
thing(TM)" if a user built straight from release or snapshot tarball.

It is not really very important, since we have not actually had a
flurry of mislabeled RPM files distributed by other people.  It just
seemed like a good idea in some respect.