Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cross-references in changes.texi

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cross-references in changes.texi
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:35:29 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-02) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * David Kastrup (2006-06-02) writes:

>>> Ah, but it is running a friend of TeX...
>>
>> Which the user ideally should not notice.  It's designed to work
>> transparently with different backends.
>
> What does that mean?

That it is not just a frontend for `texdoc'.

>>> Actually, the release process is currently in a state where I'd not be
>>> overly enthused to roll back.  Feel free to check in improvements but
>>> don't move tags, or things might get messy.
>>
>> Last time I had to use `cvs tag -d <tag>' this was rather painless and
>> not messy at all.
>>
>> Of course Reiner and you would have to throw away the tarballs
>> already generated.
>
> And clean up my release directory and rebuild the XEmacs package

Which are two short commands on the command line.

> and
> if Reiner has done any testing or building of the RPM, this would have
> to be repeated.  And moving tags when built tarballs are already being
> swapped around is a nuisance.  And then I have to send the stuff again
> into Reiners mailbox and hope that he or his mail program do not mix
> up the different versions I sent him.

Well, then let's wait what Reiner has to say.

> It's not like Reiner has not mentioned the docs several days ago
> already.

I haven't seen a patch until today.

> I can't speak for him.  If you think it really desirable, I can still
> do the procedure again.  If I did, I would also mention in the RELEASE
> file exactly what formats will be available from our download site
> (after tagging and sending the tarball off I found that information
> rather vague).
>
> So if you think it really worthwhile, holler.

Yes, I do.  But as it looks like you will be doing the release (it's
likely that I won't have access to broadband for at least two or three
weeks), it's your call.

--
Ralf