[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:31:31 +0200

On Fri, Jun 02 2006, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> If somebody is interested, here is the Makefile I am using for
> preparing a release and uploading distribution files:
[ release sign www-doc ]

These are only wrappers around the existing targets or am I missing
something?

> upload:
>       ncftpput ftp-upload.gnu.org /incoming/ftp auctex-ftp/*

Maybe we should add this to the Makefile?

While at it...

We should add the rpm stuff again as an optional target (to be made
before "full-release") or conditionalized in some other way.

For Gnus, I have borrowed parts of AUCTeX's release stuff and added
support for gpg-agent if available (AFAIK, this is more secure):

# Sign prepared files:
release-sign-files:
        if [ "x$$GPG_AGENT_INFO" = "x" ]; then \
          read -sp "Enter pass phrase: " phrase ; \
          gpg_opt="--passphrase-fd 0"; \
        else \
          gpg_opt=""; phrase=""; \
        fi; \
        for i in [...]; do \
           rm -f $$i.sig; \
           echo "$$phrase" | gpg --detach-sign $$gpg_opt $$i; \
        done;
        [...]

> The directories ${DIST_PREFIX}www and ${DIST_PREFIX}ftp must exist for
> this to work.

Hm, there are mkdir calls in the Makefile.  Do they fail for you?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)