[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 23:32:08 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-04) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> +  (make-local-variable 'font-latex-quote-regexp-beg)
>
> What is the deal here?  Is this supposed to be part of the release or
> not?  If so, what testing has been done on this change? What is the
> concrete purpose of the change?  What problem does it fix?

If you opened a file with a language option leading to the addition of
a quotation pair to `font-latex-quotes-list' and after that another
file without such a language option, `font-latex-quote-regexp-beg' and
`font-latex-quotes-list' were out of sync because the latter is
buffer-local while the former wasn't.  This lead to "error during
redisplay: stringp, nil" errors (or some such; I don't have the exact
error message now).

I'd appreciate it if people could do some tests with language-specific
files (loading ngerman.sty or italian.sty for example) and non-latex
specific files containing language-specific quotation marks ("`.."' or
">.."< for example) and look for any pecualiarities in font locking
behavior or errors in the *Messages* buffer.

--
Ralf