Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Usability of docTeX-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Usability of docTeX-mode
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:09:29 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-07-14) writes:
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>> If you did that and changed the global value, the buffer with the
>>> local binding won't get these changes.
>> Where would be the point of changing the global value in a running
>> system?
> I expect that to be the regular case.

The regular case for what?

> Changing the value without an opened LaTeX file will likely be less
> common.

Are you thinking of customization?  Then C-c C-n will do the trick.

The only conceivable purpose of such a setup I think worth considering
is if some _program_ can be expected to need to change the _global_

But to save the user the work of rescanning the buffer after a change
of the parsing variables seems a bit pointless.