Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Some tool bar changes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Some tool bar changes
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:19:10 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> I've committed some changes WRT the tool bar.  Here are some comments:
>
> +2006-08-02  Reiner Steib  <address@hidden>
> +
> +     * tex-bar.el (TeX-bar-TeX-button-alist, TeX-bar-LaTeX-button-alist):
> +     Make `file' invisible in TeX-PDF-mode.  Add clean.
> +     (TeX-bar-TeX-buttons, TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons): Improve custom type.
>
> On Wed, Aug 02 2006, Reiner Steib on auctex-diffs:
>>      (file :image "dvips"
>>        :command (TeX-command "File" 'TeX-master-file -1)
>> +      :visible (not TeX-PDF-mode)
>>        :help (lambda (&rest ignored)
>>                (TeX-bar-help-from-command-list "File")))
>
> I don't think that dvips makes much sense when in PDF mode.  Does it?

At one point of time we need to think about what to do about ps4pdf,
pdftricks, and whatever else those hybrids are called.  But the dvips
command is hardly likely to do the appropriate thing for this right
now, so it is probably reasonable to remove it.

You should, however, check with XEmacs.  It will probably not like
this entry.