Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:27:17 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-12-20) writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am wondering how things would work on the Emacs side.  Do you have
>> a mechanism in place that would occasionally also update the version
>> of RefTeX in Emacs?
>
> Not yet.  But since RefTeX just consists of Elisp files, I don't think
> this should be problematic.

Another possibility would be to use Emacs' repository as the only
place where RefTeX is being maintained.  But since it is not under the
control of the AUCTeX project and not every AUCTeX developer should
get commit privileges to all of Emacs this might not be the optimal
solution.

>> And maybe also fold back changes made by other Emacs developers to
>> it (usually small things like typos, and implementing new
>> conventions they come up with).
>
> I think for now we might get along with a manual process.

We could ask Miles what he'd suggest, as he's an expert in synching
source control repositories.  Perhaps he can even automate the process
as he did with Gnus.

--
Ralf