[AUCTeX-devel] Feature Request: Preview-LaTeX in not TeX mode

From: Masayuki Ataka
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature Request: Preview-LaTeX in not TeX mode
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:22:16 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

Aoki-San sent me a feature request for preview-latex, that
users could write TeX commands in comments in program source
files, and preview them using preview-latex.

Source example:
>>> fib.c <<<
/*
 Return Fibonacci Numbers : $F_1=1,\ F_2=2,\ F_{n+2} = F_n + F_{n+1} \quad (n
\ge 1)$
*/
int fib(int a){
>>> END fib.c <<<

Mathematicians and physicists often write program codes to
simulate complex math formula, so it is helpful for them to
write math formula using TeX commands and preview it just in
source comments.

I think, we can write a function such as preview-comments, by
changing preview-region and adding some preprocesses.  But I'm
not familiar with preview-latex.  Could you give me a comments?

---
email: address@hidden
Name:: Masayuki Ataka // (Japan)