[AUCTeX-devel] offtopic? Preview-latex for OpenOffice

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] offtopic? Preview-latex for OpenOffice
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:24:53 +0100

Hello

That might be a little offtopic, my apologies. I know that
preview-latex engine somehow was included into LyX in order to provide
better WYSIWYG display.

Now I just learnt about a product for MS word called ribbit which
displays mathematical formulas using Latex via dvipng
http://www.nameless.ca/.

Could such thing be written for OpenOffice using dvipng and some of
the design of preview-latex?

Uwe Brauer