[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can autctex support metapost?

From: Stephan Hennig
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can autctex support metapost?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:48:14 +0100

David Kastrup schrieb:
> Stephan Hennig <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Native support for MetaPost with previewers GSview or AR (using
>> mptopdf) would be highly welcome.
>
> Well, but it is not really the business of AUCTeX.

No.  BTW, a question that may sound dumb, but what exactly is AUCTeX in
technical terms?  Is it a major/minor mode (I don't think so), a set of
lisp macros with key bindings or something completely different?  The
manual lists several features of AUCTeX.  But I'm more interested to
know how AUCTeX integrates into Emacs at the technical level (without
going into details).  The same question applies to preview-latex.  Is
the latter a minor mode?

> Except that it
> would be nice to have Metapost-style font locking inside of emp
> environments.
>
> But that is a different work area.

I'm looking for the complementary feature: TeX-style font locking inside
btex..etex et al. (see the bug report mentioned in my previous mail).

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig