Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: RefTeX Home Page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: RefTeX Home Page
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:09:16 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-03-10) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> ... and a catch phrase.  Hmmm.  "RefTeX -- Referencing made easy".
>>> "RefTeX -- The reference in referencing".  "RefTeX -- Powerful
>>> referencing support".  "RefTeX -- Reference support for Emacs".
>>> "RefTeX -- The reference pinnacle".  "RefTeX -- Labels, references and
>>> citations for the nations".
>>
>> RefTeX -- making sense of your document
>
> ... where you can't
> ... since 1997
>
> My favorite currently is plain and simple "RefTeX -- Labels,
> references and citations".
>
>> Anyway, I just noticed that in a document with multind style, lines
>> like
>>
>>     \index{Namen}
>>     {Hugo Sattler}
>>
>> will make it into the index just as an empty string.  Maybe we should
>> allow `TeX whitespace' like "\\(?:[ \t\n]\\|%.*\n\\)*" at strategic
>> points in the respective regexps?
>
> Which command did you use?

Just C-c > IIRC.  It was kind of embarrassing at the DANTE-Tagung when
I wanted to demonstrate indices with a large real-life input file
since something like the first 50 entries were blanked out in that
manner, and I did not catch on what was happening.  So I did not
scroll down to the first non-blank entries, and a totally blank screen
is less than impressive as a demonstration.

However, I always have something like that happening at conferences.