Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:50:21 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-03-11) writes:
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>> That's due to a bug in XEmacs 21.5 related to the function
>>> `with-syntax-table' I reported over two years ago to the XEmacs
>>> project.  See <URL:$qm7$>.
> Removing the call to `copy-syntax-table' from the macro seems to fix it.

Which macro, which call?  The problem you reported was

    Using a fresh CVS checkout of XEmacs trunk the following snippet
    returns "1" when evaluated whereas it returns "5" in GNU Emacs 21.3,
    CVS GNU Emacs and XEmacs 21.4.15.

      (with-syntax-table (make-syntax-table)
        (insert "foo bar")
        (backward-sexp 1)

    If `set-syntax-table' is used instead of `with-syntax-table', CVS
    XEmacs returns "5" as well, so I suppose that there is a problem in
    `with-syntax-table' or a function called by it.

You presumably mean the macro `with-syntax-table', but it might be a
good idea to explicitly say so and quote the code in question.