[AUCTeX-devel] XEmacs sync with 11.84: almost; some questions remain

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] XEmacs sync with 11.84: almost; some questions remain
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:18:52 +0200

Hello

Good news, thanks to the help of Mats Lidell, the XEmacs pkg of 11.84
is almost ready.

I just compared the XEmacs pkg tarball with the tarball as generated
by the auctex team. There are some differences I would like to comment

    -  XEmacs pkg generate a tex-site and tex-site.elc. I understand
       that these files are not longer used, so having them in the
       distribution should not cause any harm?

    -  XEmacs pkg generates, besides auto-autoload.el(c) the files
       auto-load.el(s)  (I don't know why) since these files are empty
       they should not harm.

    -  The Auctex pkg, generates the files .nosearch in /etc/auctex
       and /etc/auctex/style. I recall a discussion we had 2 years
       ago, when these file appeared for 11.55: these files are needed
       for GNU Emacs but not for XEmacs, since the directories
       /etc/auctex/style and /etc/auctex are not in the load path.

Could somebody comment on that please. I would like to commit the
package before the end of  the week since I am leaving for vacations.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer