Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:15:48 +0100

   > * Reiner Steib (2008-02-04) writes:
   >> I don't even have a current AUCTeX installation for XEmacs available.

   > Same here.  And since we haven't heard for a long time from Miguel it
   > probably wouldn't be the worst idea to replace toolbar-x with a simple
   > Emacs-only implemenation of the LaTeX tool bar if we want to make some
   > progress.

I don't understand. On the auctex webpage you even provide the latest
auctex version as a xemacs pkg.

Now I see two possibilities

    -  try to get the thing to work under Xemacs. Unfortunately I can
       only volunteer to test but not to hack.

    -  if this is not possible because of the lack of developers, then
       one could try to get the old latex-toolbar which is around
       since 2001 and works only for Xemacs, to work again with the
       new auctex version.

Uwe Brauer