Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problem with formatting and marking in auctex 11.88

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problem with formatting and marking in auctex 11.88
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 02:07:24 +0200

Hi Artemio,

> After installing auctex 11.88 on my Mac (running OS X 10.10.4) I am having a
> problem with the “LaTex Formatting and Marking” command. Namely, when I
> choose LaTex Formatting and Marking -> Environment or Section I get the error
> "TeX-activate-region: Symbol's function definition is void: activate-mark”.
> The command works with “Region”, and it used to work flawlessly with the
> previous version of auctex. Is this a known bug?

I can't reproduce the bug you reported.  Could you please provide a
more detailed recipe?  Are you sure there is nothing in your init file
causing this problem?  `activate-mark' is a function defined in
simple.el, it should be known even to "emacs -Q".  Which version of
Emacs are you running?

Bye,
Mosè