Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 22:36:19 +0200

Alex Branham <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been having this issue for a while, ever since switching to Emacs
> 26 where C-c ) (reftex-reference) does not include "[a] \autoref" even
> though I have hyperref in the preamble of my document. I've tried
> setting reftex-ref-style-default-list to '("Hyperref" "Default") but
> that doesn't help.
>
> I can reproduce this from emacs -Q by find-file-ing to a tex file with
> \usepackage{hyperref}:
>
> M-x reftex-mode
> M-x reftex-reference
>
> To my memory, in Emacs 25 I would have \autoref as a choice, but now I
> don't. Am I missing something?

Hi Alex,

as it stands, RefTeX doesn't parse the packages used in a .tex file and
sets a specific behaviour.  I presume you use AUCTeX with RefTeX and it
that case, AUCTeX has these lines in hyperref.el:

    ;; Activate RefTeX reference style.
    (and LaTeX-reftex-ref-style-auto-activate
         (fboundp 'reftex-ref-style-activate)
         (reftex-ref-style-activate "Hyperref")))

If you have TeX-parse-self set to t, it should work just fine when you
open a file containing \usepackage{hyperref}.

Best, Arash