Re: tex-numbers.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: tex-numbers.el
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:39:03 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Nelson <ultrono@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, your comments were very helpful.  I implemented them (with
> mild modification).

You're welcome.

> Your suggestion about incorporating the numbers into CAPF features
> seems worth pursuing.  I didn't quickly spot a way to hook into
> TeX-complete-symbol without rewriting it, but was able to add
> annotations for M-x completion-at-point.  If you're curious, see the
> updated file at https://github.com/ultronozm/tex-numbers.el.

Hmm, I was more thinking about plugging something into
`LaTeX-completion-label-annotation-function' which makes the addition.
So basically what you do now with
`tex-numbers-label-annotation-function'.  That is probably easier, I
think.

> Maybe such annotations are what you had in mind, but I find it much
> more useful in practice to be able to narrow the completions using
> (vertico/orderless/... and) the label number itself.  The interface
> would thus be to start completing, and then type "(1.1)" to narrow the
> completions to those featuring the label number (1.1).  I did hack
> something like this together using consult (see around
> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-ref.el/blob/91b824b62507471585331af15d3c78cc4b5c3c01/czm-tex-ref.el#L206
> and attached), but don't know how to incorporate it directly into
> CAPF.

I can't tell either.  Maybe you want to ask on help-gnu-emacs.

> A similar problem would be to provide an interface for dynamically
> restricting CAPF inside \ref{...} to just lemma environments, or just
> theorem environments.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're looking after with the above.
Can you please elabrate a bit?

> Yes, I just like the balanced look of cond in minor-mode definitions.
> I stole the idea from the source code of eglot.

👍

Best, Arash