[AUCTeX] Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New mailing lists on web page

From: David Kastrup
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:45:31 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-03-28) writes:
>
>> Did the unsubscribe confirmation mails for
>> the old auc-tex list make it to anybody or did they just arrive at my
>> mailbox?
>
> I only got the subscription messages for the new lists.

Great.  I mailed a mail of the type

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Bcc: auc-tex-unsubscribe-user=host.domain
     auc-tex-...

and I got back hundreds of mails of the kind

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Date: 27 Mar 2005 13:39:04 -0000

address@hidden mailing list.

at address@hidden

A request has been made to remove

   address@hidden

from the auc-tex mailing list. If you agree, please send
an empty reply to this address:

[...]

And now you are telling me, in spite of the "To:" header, that those
mails were _only_ sent to me in Bcc?

If please a few others could corroborate this in private conversation
(send mail to address@hidden), I will then send all those unsubscribe
acknowledgment mails myself.  But this is the weirdest behavior I have
ever encountered.  I already was surprised that I even got Bccs of the
mails.  That I am the only recipient, is hilarious.