[AUCTeX] Using templates and inserting \usepackage

From: Jens Kubieziel
Subject: [AUCTeX] Using templates and inserting \usepackage
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:41:18 +0200

Hi,

I used vim with latex-suite for editing LaTeX-files. However recently I
switched to GNU emacs and AUCTeX. Right now I'm missing two features
which I couldn't find in AUCTeX-Docu:

1. Templates
   I would like to use a LaTeX-template like
   \documentclass{scrartcl}
   \usepackage{...}
   \begin{document}
   \end{document}
   This file sits somewhere and each time I create an empty .tex-file
   this template gets automatically included. How can I achieve this?

2. Inserting usepackage
   Furthermore I'd like to point the cursor at the header of a
   LaTeX-document and press some magic keys (F5 in vim latex-suite).
   This should give me a list of possible packages for \usepackage{}.
   LaTeX-suite had a hardcoded list and a possibilty to enter some other
   packages. Is there a way to do this within Emacs/AUCTeX?

Thanks for your hints

PS.: The pointer to this mailinglist within AUCTeX info should be
changed.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Es ist von größter Wichtigkeit, daß Kinder arbeiten lernen. Der Mensch ist das