[AUCTeX] Table editing mode for Latex?

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Table editing mode for Latex?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:29:38 -0700

  Is there any good table editing mode for Latex files, or "table.el" from is the only one. It seems to be badly broken for
XEmacs, I have not tried it on GNU Emacs.

If there is no other table editing mode, then before I try to fix it, I would
like to know is there any common (compatible in both) event handling packages
for both GNU and XEmacs.

Surendra Singhi

Great wits are sure to madness near allied,
And thin partitions do their bounds divide.

   (John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel, 1681)