Re: [AUCTeX] Re: 'macros.texi' missing in snapshots?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: 'macros.texi' missing in snapshots?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:24:31 +0200

Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup writes:
>
>> I have just thrown out the references to TEXIPWD completely.  I
>> have my doubts that this makes a difference though.  Could you
>> check again?
>
> Works for me.  And yes, it doesn't make any difference.

Uh, what?  Ah, ok, you were not the one reporting the problem in the
first place.

> Don't get me wrong.  The remark on `texi2dvi' versions was meant as
> a hint to Uwe, the original poster.  In my opinion, it is in the
> responsibility of the developer to provide a sane environment for
> the build of AUCTeX.  However, it may be a task of the documentation
> to describe such a development environment.

It is quite clearly stated that a recent version of makeinfo is
required _if_ you are going to build from CVS _or_ are touching source
files.

If texi2dvi gets called in the process of a normal build straight from
the tarball, this is a bug, I'd say.  In the untouched tarball, for
normal targets makeinfo should not be required.