[AUCTeX] Re: preserving images, and image contrast

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: preserving images, and image contrast
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:03:16 +0000 (UTC)

> > meantime, is there something I could do with
> > ghostscript that could help with the contrast or the
> > blurriness? Thanks,

> and remove the -dTextAlphaBits=4, or replace it with
> -dTextAlphaBits=2.  Removing it will have a drastic effect, replacing
> it by the lower value much less so.

thanks. reducing the anti-aliasing improved the contrast, but made the rasters
uglier. So I ended up keeping the original option.

By the way, one of the options in the default value of preview-gs-options is
`-DNOPLATFONTS'. The option mentioned in the documentation of my (AFPL)
ghostscript (8.51) is `-dNOPLATFONTS'. Is the other option equivalent to this
one?

> Another thing to note is that installing and using outline fonts tends
> to get sharper bitmaps as a result.

But the default dvips commands used by preview-latex have the option `-Pwww',
which are supposed to embed Type 1 fonts anyway. (Just to make sure, I created a
test.ps file using the `-Pwww' option and opened the .ps file in emacs. All of
the FontType declarations in there were Type 1 (except for the first one, which
was Type 3.) Doesn't this mean the png images are being generated from outline
fonts?

Rajneesh.