[AUCTeX] Re: Successful Installation under MS Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Successful Installation under MS Windows
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:26:12 +0200

"Morrell S. Chance" <address@hidden> writes:

> I just followed the directions in the AUCTEX manual. Using sh in MSYS. And
> installed from the directory into which I extracted AUCTEX.
>
> NOTE: on reboot I get a warning message that a directory c:\Program
> was created that could cause problems later and suggested that I
> change its name.

That sounds like you did not quote c:\Program Files properly when
passing it as an option.

Please include the file config.log with your report so that one can
see what happened.

I consider it likely that your installation is hosed.

> Where should the file tex-mik.el be placed and shouldn't it have
> been installed during the installation?

I think so, but we should be able to see that from the log file, and I
might be mistaken about that in 11.55.  In the current installation it
would be installed.

Please don't quote the whole preceding mail at the _bottom_ of your
mails.  Just quote what you are actually referring to, and keep it at
the top of the post.

The normal reading order in Western Europe is top to bottom.

I am copying the AUCTeX list since there are quite a few subsystems
where I am not the most qualified correspondent.  Please keep it
copied in any replies so that we can get to the bottom of this fast:
if there are any problems in the installation procedure or its
documentation, we want to get them cleared up before the next release.

Thanks,