Re: [AUCTeX] questions on "Tex region" for multifile

From: D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] questions on "Tex region" for multifile
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:20:00 +0100

Dear Ralf,

Thanks for the `C-c _'! This has made it work.

When I press ", it is automatically changed to `` in my .tex. So I think it possibly is correct. :)

Thanks again!

Gary

--On 20 July 2005 14:38 +0200 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:

* D. Wang (2005-07-20) writes:

2. add the

%%% Local Variables:
%%% TeX-master: ``mymaster''
%%% End:

in the end of the buffer file;

That won't work because of the erroneous quotation marks.  There have
to be literal " characters.  Isn't that clearly described in the
"Multifile" section of the manual?

Besides, the manual will tell you that AUCTeX can insert the "Local
Variables" stanza semi-automatically if you type `C-c _'.