Re: [AUCTeX] Customising in a low maintenance way

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Customising in a low maintenance way
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:25:14 +0200

Nick Urbanik <address@hidden> writes:

> Where should I put modifications to font commands instead of editing
> easy-menu-define LaTeX-mode-menu in latex.el?

What kind of modifications?

> Or adding more verbatim
> type environment commands, such as alltt and semiverbatim (from
> latex-beamer)?  Or adding more environments, such as the frame
> environment from latex-beamer, with the \frametitle{} command and
> itemize environment already nested inside?

AUCTeX comes with built-in support for the alltt and beamer packages.
Just enable parsing as described on the first page of AUCTeX's
manual.  Please report back if you are still missing something after
you've done that.

> Should I define these in
> tex-site.el?  And if so, should I copy the old definitions there and
> then modify them?

Customizations are usually done in a user's init file.