Re: [AUCTeX] Part and chapter sections in Auctex 11.55 and preview-latex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Part and chapter sections in Auctex 11.55 and preview-latex 0.9.1
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:24:26 +0200

* Shawn Way (2005-08-19) writes:

> I'm using Auctex 11.55, preview-latex 0.9.1 with Xemacs 21.4 patch 13 on
> Windows 2000.  The sectioning commands work well but when I use
> preview-latex, chapters and parts do not get previewed.
>
> a) Are the supposed to be  preview-able?

The `sections' option of the preview package looks only for a
address@hidden macro.  Such a macro is not used in \part or
\chapter.

For me it looks like it was deliberatly designed like this because
the output of \part and \chapter may be quite large.  But this is
just speculation.

> b) If they are, any thoughts on how to fix it?

The manual describes how to customize preview-latex.