Re: [AUCTeX] add to a key stroke: texify --tex-opt=--src --quiet %t"

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] add to a key stroke: texify --tex-opt=--src --quiet %t"
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:57:59 +0200

* Stefan Pofahl (2005-09-06) writes:

> On 5 Sep 2005 at 19:38, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> Well, you may have noticed that your command is picking up the the
>> selected option if invoked from the menu.  So you could abuse the
>> function used when calling a command from the menu.  That means
>> (TeX-command-menu "Texify") should do what you want.
> Ralf, thank you very much, that was what I'm looking for, this is a
> good tip.
> You improved my init.el for miktex-users very much :-)

It was a suggestion which suits your personal usage patterns.  I am
not sure if it is generally useful to make the outcome of key
sequences dependent on selections in a menu.  Ideally there should be
a way to achieve the same only by using the keyboard as well.

Sometimes I feel like an arms dealer ...