Re: [AUCTeX] Filling paragraphs with display math

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Filling paragraphs with display math
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:30:47 +0200

* Yevgeniy Makarov (2005-09-16) writes:

> I have the following problem. When I fill paragraphs (using M-q) which
> contain display math between $$, Emacs moves dollar signs as well. For

What version of AUCTeX are you using?  I cannot reproduce this with a
CVS version and a CVS Emacs.

Anyway, there is an easy way to get rid of the problem: Don't use $$
for display math in LaTeX.  It is a plain TeX command which may lead
to inconsistent spacing in LaTeX.  Better use \[...\] or
\begin{displaymath}...\end{displaymath}.  See also
<CTAN:info/l2tabu/english/l2tabuen.pdf>.