Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:11:58 +0200

[redirecting to the mailing list]

Harald von Aschen <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you think it is worthy investigating time in this issues concerning
> eventually only Windows 98? I'm really not sure.

It might not be high priority but if it should eventually be fixed
Emacs developers have to know about it.

> On the other hand, great job, thank you for the precompiled version,
> these issues are not concerning AUCTeX, I suppose some Lisp-Code
> problems in PreviewLaTeX for the system call errors (have had alike
> errors with Aspell but with a "new" ispell.el the errors are mostly
> fixed. Now with your precompiled Emacs developer snapshat Aspell works
> fine and even the error about changing the language is fixed.

Hm, I haven't looked at how preview-latex interacts with the shell.
But if `M-x shell RET' exhibits the same problems you had with
preview-latex that would make a good/better test case for a bug report
to emacs-pretest-bug.