Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:43:24 +0200

* Arnaud Legout (2005-10-21) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> Do you have a `(require 'tex-site)' somewhere in your init.el?
>>
> no
>> What is the output of `M-x find-library RET tex-mik RET'?  Maybe
>> XEmacs picks this up from the old AUCTeX installation.
>>
> it finds it. I attached the file at the end of the email. By doing a C-X
> D it returns
> c:\..\Apps\XEmacs\xemacs-packages\lisp\auctex\
>
> I have indeed a tex-mik.el in C:\Apps\XEmacs\packages\lisp\auctex
> which is supposed to be my site package.
> But, I don't have a tex-site.el in this directory.

I just saw that it does not make a difference.  The tex-mik.el we are
currently shipping requires tex-site.el as well.  Sorry, I thought we
removed that.

Problem is that no tex-site.el is installed in case of XEmacs with the
current version of AUCTeX.  So you should be fine removing the line
`(require 'tex-site)' from tex-mik.el and I propose to do the same in
AUCTeX proper.