Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP

From: Arnaud Legout
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:59:49 +0200

Ralf Angeli wrote:
I just saw that it does not make a difference.  The tex-mik.el we are
currently shipping requires tex-site.el as well.  Sorry, I thought we
removed that.

Problem is that no tex-site.el is installed in case of XEmacs with the
current version of AUCTeX.  So you should be fine removing the line
`(require 'tex-site)' from tex-mik.el and I propose to do the same in
AUCTeX proper.

now XEmacs starts without error, but I don't have AUCTex activated (at least I think so, no menu, C-c C-c not known)
I have
(require 'tex-mik)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master t)

in init.el

If I add
(load "auctex.el" nil t t)
I got an:
Error in init file: Cannot open load file: auctex.el

It looks like no so easy to install on XEmacs.

Arnaud.