Re: [AUCTeX] [Luis A Escobar] failed to install AUCTeX in Windows XP

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [Luis A Escobar] failed to install AUCTeX in Windows XP
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:50:11 +0100

* Ralf Angeli (2005-11-12) writes:

> * Luis A. Escobar (2005-11-11) writes:
>> when I type in
>> /c/PROGRA\~1/XemTeX/bin/win32/tex
>> it starts tex
> That's strange.  I wonder why it works here and not during the build.
> I don't know if the /XE part is substituted during the build as well,
> but the error message does not look like it is.  Probably I'll have to
> experminent with stuff like "PROGRA~1" in the path myself in order to
> find out.  Does anybody else have an idea?

At least on my machine there is no problem when PATH contains stuff
like "Progra~1".  Here is the relevant part of a make call done within
an MSYS shell:

(cd latex ; make all)
make[2]: Entering directory
/c/Progra\~1/MikTeX/texmf/miktex/bin/tex '\nonstopmode \input
This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (MiKTeX 2.4)

BTW, Luis, you can copy stuff from an MSYS shell simply by dragging
the mouse.  Content which is highlighted is automatically put into the