Re: [AUCTeX] Bug? About adding a pair of curly braces using C-c {

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Bug? About adding a pair of curly braces using C-c {
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:01:58 -0500

Just a question about adding a pair of curly braces using "C-c {":

If I don't select a region, it is normal to add the braces at the
cursor's place.

When I selected a region, and applied this key combination to this
region, however, it will add the {} at the end of the region instead
of embracing this region.  Any special reason for this or it is a bug?

No.  It simply hasn't been implemented, although I think it would be
useful.  Does anybody know a command in Emacs which already does
something like this?

Any key combination to delete an extra pair of braces?

What is an extra pair of braces?  Something like \foo{bar}{} or
something like {{foo}}?

I think both should be counted if they are not useful. It is possible after deleting something: for example, \foo{bar}, then delete \foo, however still leave the pair {} because it doen't affect the complilation. I'd like delete it for keeping a good writing style and also for easy reading.

Another question: Is it possible to replace/search "GLOBALLY" in all
the sub-files for a multifile document?

M-x reftex-query-replace-document RET

Thanks.