Re: [AUCTeX] preview background

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview background
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:09:47 +0100

"Sebastian N. Fischmeister" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.
>
>    I use a white-on-black setup. Preview works for sections and the
>    like, however, figures are now black-on-black. It didn't help to
>    set  'preview-transparent-color'. I'm using 11.82. Does someone
>    have a clue?

preview-latex works by creating a canvas with the background color and
setting the drawing color to the foreground color.  Then the drawing
code from your figure takes over.

There is not much you can do here, I guess, except possibly drawing
the figure with an explicitly white background to at least have it
black on white.  It will still look quite ugly, of course.

Another possibility is that you make special variants of your figures
just for the sake of preview-latex, and then use something like
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps.preview,.eps}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{whatever it takes}
in a local prauctex.cfg in order to have those picked up on previewing
instead of the regular ones.

And honestly: what do you expect short of magic?  If your color scheme
is different on paper and in the editor, there is not too much one can
hope for.  We get the basic text case without color changes catered
for.