Re: [AUCTeX] Creating ps and pdf files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Creating ps and pdf files
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:09:13 +0100

* David Scott (2006-01-14) writes:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> The PostScript file can be created with the "File" option in the
>> command menu (or via `C-c C-c File RET' if you prefer keyboard
>> access).
>
> I just took a second look at this part of your reply and realised how
> to use the keyboard for any new commands (doh!) A bit long-winded
> though unless I am missing something. I can run dvipdfm with C-c C-c d
> TAB RET
> which is sort of ok, but if I want to do more than one menu command it
> gets a bit tedious.

Most of the regular stuff like running LaTeX and BibTeX or starting a
viewer AUCTeX can figure out on its own.  So you mostly just use `C-c
C-c RET'.  Chaining these commands to have something like a fully
automatic compile cycle from source to final output is not supported
out of the box yet.

> So it would be nice if I could have commands on
> the menu which would do more than one step at a time.

What steps should that be exactly?