Re: [AUCTeX] Changing keys in math mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Changing keys in math mode
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:44:07 +0100

* Stefan Schmitt (2006-02-02) writes:

> what's the proper way to change the key bindings in math mode?
> I want \not on `!, \frac on `/ and \infty on `8.

You could use something like this:

(eval-after-load "latex"
     (define-key LaTeX-math-keymap "!" 'LaTeX-math-not)
     (define-key LaTeX-math-keymap "/" 'LaTeX-math-frac)
     (define-key LaTeX-math-keymap "8" 'LaTeX-math-infty)))

Note that this means fiddling with internalities of AUCTeX and is not
guaranteed to work forever.  Unfortunately there is no better
interface for changing these bindings at the moment.